Whether you are an ELFIT athlete or just coming to spectate, then don’t worry, we’ve got your back. We’ve gathered up some pretty important information for travel and accommodation purposes that will be crucial before you make your reservations.
We are excited to say that ELFIT CrossFit Championship 2022 will be held once again at the New Capital Sports City Complex.
The New Capital Sports City Complex is 45 km away from Cairo International Airport, 58 km from Down-town Cairo, and 66 km from the pyramids of Giza.
If you were part of the 2022 event, you know what we’re talking about! our venue has everything we need to run our big show…tennis court with 1000+ seats, multiple turf fields, indoor swimming pool and much more.
About The Sports City
The New Capital Sports City is a one kind piece of art established on an extensive area of 400,000 m2. The project includes a football stadium complex with 4 full artificial turf soccer fields, 10 5-aside soccer fields, 8 tennis courts, a tennis center court, and outdoor team sports facilities with 17 different courts for: handball, volleyball, basketball and beach volley. It also includes 4 world-class indoor facilities for combat sports, gymnastics, squash & Paralympics sports. Aside from the aquatic center which includes an outdoor pool, indoor swimming and diving pools which can accommodate 2000+ spectators. Last but not least, the project includes an indoor hall with a seating capacity of 7,000 spectators, which also hosted the 2021 World Men’s Handball Championship.
About the New Capital
The New Capital is located 45 km (28 miles) east of Cairo and just outside the second greater Cairo Ring Road. According to the plans, the city will become the new administrative and financial capital of Egypt, housing the main government departments and ministries and foreign embassies. On 700 square kilometers (270 sq mi) total area, it would have a population of 6.5 million people, though it is estimated that the figure could rise to 7 million.
ELFIT 2022 Official Hotel
We’re super excited to announce that St. Regis Almasa hotel will be our official hotel for the 2nd year in a row.
This 5-star hotel is located in the New Administrative Capital and is around 10 km – 13 minutes – away from The Sports City (The competition venue), 50 km away from Cairo International Airport and 59 km from City Center.
The St. Regis Almasa Hotel, Cairo features an artificial beach area, indoor & outdoor pool, 2 fitness centers as well as cycling activities. It also has a children’s playground and a state-of-the-art clubhouse.
Dining is available at one of the hotel’s 4 restaurants and guests can grab a coffee at the coffee shop/cafés. Various dining options including Italian, Middle Eastern and International cuisine are also available at the in-house restaurant.
The hotel is located 59 km away from Al Hussein Mosque, Moez Street, and Khan el Khalili Market. It is also 62 km away from Al Azhar Mosque, Mosque of Mohamed Ali, Tahrir Square, and the Egyptian Museum, and 59 km away from Salah El Din Al Ayoubi Citadel.
ELFIT special rates will be available for single, double, triple & quadruple rooms, the rates include extra exclusive benefits which will only be available for free if you book your stay through ELFIT hospitality team.
ELFIT Community Exclusive Benefits
- Daily free shuttle service from the hotel to the venue and back during the event (9-12 November).
- Complimentary early check-in starting from 10:00 am and complimentary late check-out till 04:00 pm.
- 15% discount on laundry service rates.
- Free access to an equipped functional fitness workout area
|Room types||Capacity||Room Details||Type||Rates in USD||Rates in EGP|
|Superior King Room||1Person||HERE||B&B||$196||4,116 EGP|
|Half Board||$232||4,872 EGP|
|Superior Double Room||2Persons||HERE||B&B||$228||4,788 EGP|
|Half Board||$312||6,552 EGP|
|Two-Bedroom Apartment||3Persons||HERE||B&B||$420||8,820 EGP|
|Half Board||$528||11.088 EGP|
|Two-Bedroom Apartment||4Persons||HERE||B&B||$438||9,198 EGP|
|Half Board||$606||12,726 EGP|
Rates are per unit per night, inclusive of services charges & applicable taxes based on run of the house room category quoted in USD (EGP rate is based on 1USD=25EGP), based on the mentioned meal plan in the assigned venue by the hotel.
Additional Complimentary Amenities
- Coffee and tea making facilities.
- Welcome drinks and bottled mineral water in the room.
- Free Wi-Fi in rooms & public areas.
- Iron & ironing board.
- 2 Health clubs.
- Private artificial beach.
- Indoor pool.
- Outdoor pool (all year).
- Dedicated concierge team.
- Functional fitness area
- Free parking.
Rooms will be reserved on a first come, first served basis, make sure you book your stay with us to guarantee your extra special benefits, for booking please follow below process:
- Fill the booking request form HERE
- Our hospitality team will contact you within 48 hours with the total stay cost and payment link
- your booking is not confirmed until you finish your payment.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Full Refund: If you canceled 10 days prior to the check-in date, you will get a full refund
- One Night: If you canceled 7 days prior to the check-in date, one night will be charged.
- Half Stay: if you canceled 5 days prior to the check in date, %50 will be charged
- 75% Stay: if you canceled 2 days prior to the check in date, 75% will be charged
- Full Stay: In case of a no show, 100% will be charged
- Refund duration takes 2-4 weeks after the event.
- A 2.5% fees will be deducted by the 3rd party payment platform
- A Shuttle service will be available from St. Regis Hotel to the New Capital Sports City and vise-versa during the event duration (Wednesday 9 November to Saturday 12 November)
- The shuttle service is fully managed by ELFIT Hospitality team and not associated to the hotel
- The shuttle service is free of charge for any hotel resident that have booked their stay through us.
- In case you booked your stay at St. Regis via any other booking platform and wish to use the shuttle service, the following rates will be applied:
- Single Rate: 50 USD/Person
- Group Rate 5-9 : 35 USD/Person
- Group Rate 10+: 25 USD/Person
There are two types of Egypt visa e-visa & on arrival visa, for more information click here.
Travel Documents needed
- A valid passport must be available for at least 6 months after the intended stay.
- Visas can be obtained from the Consular Missions abroad or upon arrival at the airport from the Visa department.
- Visa Fee is 25 USD, please note that only USD or Euro is accepted for Visa issuance at the airport